Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lockdown Week 1

Week 1 of the lockdown is winding down and so far all is good in the suite, I even won $15 on a scratcher this morning. I'm lucky enough to work for a large, financially stable company who has promised to pay all employees through May 1st so I haven't had much more added stress. It really feels like a "Staycation" to me other than Michelle having to go to work. I just pray that God protects and watches over her when I can't.

There are no shortage of projects in the suite so mommy and me have stayed busy in the garden and around the house. Michelle has been a huge help picking up groceries and supplies since she is already out of the house but I'm hoping that we'll need some essentials from Home Depot because I need a few supplies for projects.

Mommy and I love working in the yard but the last couple of days have been freezing if the sun is behind a cloud so we've had to come up with a few indoor projects and activities. I started painting Tootie and touching up Tuco the Turtle while continuing to work on my cookbook. Since I have ADD and loose focus fast, the cookbook usually goes 1 recipe at a time and usually when I am watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I'm watching as much Huell Howser as I can and I'm thinking of painting with Bob Ross. I've always wanted to follow along with him and see if it is as easy as he makes it look. I hope I can paint some "Happy Trees" and not make any "Happy Accidents".

Other than trying to stay creative and productive it's really just been a lot of TV and eating. I suppose I can add blogging to the list but after this exciting week I'm not sure I will have much left to blog about.

Prayers for a quick end to this virus and for protection for all during this pandemic.


Don't tell my homies from the OC that I am reppin the IE now 

 
I took down the shade sail because it started ripping and I think I may leave it down until Summer



How cute is mommies strawberry patch


Mommy loves this Dragon plant. I don't especially care for it but I did learn why it is called a Dragon plant...the SOB bit me like 5 times while I was working on the fence.


Mommies birdcage planters


Letting my hair grow. I'll probably have a fro when this is all over


I looked over at the fridge and saw this picture from Sophie's play and had to post it. Sophia was so good as the "Singing telegram girl" and "Agent #1" in the thrilling murder mystery, Clue. 


Sophie looks so cool in her agent costume. Look, the other kid doesn't even know how to hold a gun right. She also knows her gun safety and keeps her finger off the trigger until she is ready to bust a cap.

No comments: