Saturday, June 1, 2019

It's Official!

After 20+ years my son finally has my last name and is recognized by the state of California and the "Law of man" as officially being my son. Of course I say this because in God's law he has always been my son and as the small keepsake Isella gave to Andrew and Sarah says "DNA doesn't make you family, Love does". A very simple principle when you think about it but it was still exciting to go to the courthouse and make it official through a ceremony. The judge and court staff made it very nice and informal and shared that these types of cases are their favorite as they have to deal with a lot of nasty family cases that don't have a happy ending as ours did.


Thank you Lord for such a blessing and I pray that you grant me the wisdom, compassion and all the tools I'll need to continue to pass down to my son the Love You have given us through Your Son.






This is the collage of Andrew and I that went out with the invitations. Thanks Auntie Veronica for pointing out that I'm not wearing a shirt in half of the pictures 😊








It's official. Not only did the judge let me slam the gavel but I am wearing an authentic Graham Clan Tartan Tie. That pattern has been on Graham family kilts and clothing since the beginning of time.



As soon as the judge said we can take pictures Bella got first dibs



Us with the judge





No comments: